Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 30: Journaling

Life is getting fun again lately, and today I started journaling again! It felt SO nice to get pen to paper and write without thought or worry and get it down on paper. I've loved blogging everyday, but there is something different about it. Don't get me wrong, I love the clickity clack of typing. But I also love the crinkly sound a page in a journal makes from pressing down with a ball point pen. It's oddly satisfying.

I thought about why I hadn't been journaling. And my reasons suck. A lot of it has to do with not having the time for it. And my not "having" the time for it, I really mean not making the time for it. There is a reality factor in which journaling requires time, and sometimes a lot of it depending on what's on the inside. With the craziness of school and student teaching, and trying to find time for fun stuff, it just became low on the totem pole of what I wanted to spend my time doing.

I think there is another part of me that was hoping and thinking that if I don't journal, problems will sift through themselves. SO WRONG! SO SO WRONG! There is a hope I think to wish and want for things to connect dots to themselves. However, I've learned that that is not the case and it is important to allow time to process things and get them out in some capacity.

So my Blog World Friends.... if you're feeling heavy with stuff, take some time to think about getting it out somehow. It will help!

No comments:

Post a Comment