Monday, May 14, 2012

Catching up on all the pieces

Well, my blog-reading friends, it sure has been a while..... I was on a mighty roll with keeping the blog current with my self-proclaimed 40 Days of Gratitude challenge until life happened. And not necessarily the "crazy-busy-with-lots-of-fun" flavor of life, but in that "life-has-hard-times-too" flavor... I'll be completely honest in saying that I think about Gurley every day in some way, shape or form. I'm not going to lie, there was a part of me that didn't really know how to start blogging again... The last few posts I wrote were all about  Gurley.... It feels sorta funny to start writing again and having it not be about her... or at least not being ALL about her....

So I guess there has been a big chunk of time and life that has gone by... And in that big chunk, I've been kept busier than busy at times with this credential program. I think it is safe to say that since the last time I updated... I turned in PACT (and passed it!!!!), took RICA (and passed that big guy), successfully survived my 2 week solo (and only had minimal hair loss due to stress) and officially began the 1 week countdown to graduation.... I absolutely cannot believe that in just 1 week I will be celebrating my graduation from completing my teaching credential... 

I literally cannot tell you all enough how exciting and relieving this is! It has been a roller coaster ride like I never could have imagined! The roller coaster started when I was little.... One of the reasons I really, super wanted to become a teacher was because of the whiteboards. I remember sitting in Gurley and Norman's family room in their San Ramon house and one day, Gurley showed me where she kept her mini-whiteboard. I thought it was the COOLEST thing ever. EVER! And my love of whiteboards (and teaching too....) just kept growing from there. Until now.

Now there is an end in sight that marks one finish, and big, fat, whole new beginning. I walk the stage Friday as a way to show that I did it. I got the credential that the state of California decided I needed to get. But Saturday (....okay maybe a week or so after that.....) marks my start to a whole new adventure of job hunting. I'm sure that process will be draining and exhausting and invigorating and challenging all at once. But, I feel confident in the fact that in some capacity, one way or another, I will get to where God has me going.... Until then, this week is filled with lots of excitement and celebration! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment